Monday, August 10, 2015

This is a Year

Elder Huff and Elder Espinoza


Church building and apartment (he lives upstairs)


Elder Espinoza and Elder Huff

Hey everybody!
So... I'm here, and... Not good for words.  There's a lot I want to say, but.... Bah. I guess I'll just go step by step, and besides, some crazy stuff has happened in the past week. It's been a hard but successful week, but.... I suppose the week isn't the most important part.  So... Here we go.

Big Deal Number 1:
Monday night I got a call saying I was gonna have to go to Teguc for a few days.  And... My comp was gonna stay in Choluteca.  So.... We lost about 3 days of work in our area this week.  -.-  BUT, the conference was still pretty good!  Learned a lot and I just want to be a better missionary!  And then when I finally got back to my area.. I got sick.  -.- Which is interesting.... But considering the days it fell on, it connects pretty much completely to the next dealio.

Big Deal Number 2:
I have officially completed a year in the mission.  It's a weird feeling, and there's very little I can say about it... Only that I hope I can work better and harder my second year than I did my first year, trusting a little more in God and working a little more how God wants me to.  But.... The most crazy thing about this week is the fatc that not only did I complete a year.... But so did both of my parents.  which leads me to big deal 3...
Big Deal Number 3:
Both of my beloved parents have had their birthday in the past week.  Wednesday for my Mom, and Friday for my Dad.  So... What's hard about this is that I can't really do much for them from here.... BUT, I can do a little something over my letter. 

Guys, what I can say about my parents is that they are the most selfless and loving people I know.  It's hard to put it into words, espcially in a short letter... But what I can say is that these two people have dropped everything, from careers, to education, to personal needs to every other kind of pursuit... For me.  And they have done so many times.  They love me.  I know they do, and the love they have is a pure and selfless love.  A love that has changed my life and a love that has changed the lives of countless others - and I'm sure many of you reading this are nodding your heads with me right now.  They don't care about money, or popularity, or even what other people think - they're the kind of poeple who do what they feel is best for everyone included in the situation, and do all possible not to hurt other people in the process. For them, family comes first, but that doesn't exclusively mean the few of us.  They love everyone freely.  They bring in everybody that needs them and makes them part of our little family.  They aren't perfect, obviously, no one is. But they try hard to at least be accepting in all situations and firm when it comes to God. If I've done something in the past that was contrary to what God wanted, it wasn't because they supported me in it - they fought me, as hard as they could, to try to keep me from the bad and from making bad choices.  And although I've made my fair share of mistakes, which many times was exactly contrary to their advice, they still stood by me and loved me.. and then did all they could to get me out of it.  Guys, these two people are some of the best people in this world. I am blessed to have them in my life, and even more blessed to call them my parents.  Neither of them started their lifes with me in an easy way - but they both stayed.  And then did a whole lot more.  I love them, and if you need someone who will truly help you - come to my parents.  Well... Come unto Christ first. Then my parents will help you feel better about the journey.


Mom, Dad? 

I love you.  Thank you for everything. Happy Birthday. :*  One year left.  Let's make it count.



Elder Kristian Huff



Song of the Week:  What Are You Looking For? by Sick Puppies. (I've been waiting for this one for a while - I dedicate it to my parents, my little brother and really.. Myself.  You'll know why.)


 





No comments:

Post a Comment