Monday, January 26, 2015

The Big One


Well,hey everybody!

Today I am going to spend less time on the big email.. I'll send a better one next week.  This week is more for the fam. So.... In a nutshell...
I left Danli.  I love everyone there, and I miss them more than words.  I am still trying to come to terms that I left them, but I will come back, and that is a promise.  The goodbyes were the hardest I have ever had to say.... But I knew that they would be safe and they would keep going strong.  Plus... They have Elder Tuft.  He promised to take good care of them.

So.... Now, the big part.   Where do I live now?

I am now living in Central Tegucigalpa Honduras.

Part of my area are slums like I have not yet seen in Honduras, and the other part is the richest part I have ever seen, even compared to the states.... So rich, that we have already gotten kicked out of a couple areas for 'disturbing the peace' by proselyting.  This is the kind of area where stuff goes DOWN.  It is much less sheltered than Danli.... In Danli, I saw some weird stuff... Like drugs sold on the streets, drunk people and all that... But here.... Ohhh how different it is.  I'm talking drag queens, gangs, guns, all kinds of stuff.  I have been blessed to not see anything too sketchy yet, but the above mentioned things are all but too common around here.  My area specifically is Zone Nueva Esperanza and the area Villa Olimpica, and every day I am learning more and more how necessary... Well, no... How VITAL, it is to bring the truth to these people.  They NEED it.... Because... Life here for them is Hard. 

But that's why we are here. To change this place.  Little by little. And my new comp is Elder Naupoto.  He is from Hawaii, and he is just this big Tongan dude who is way chill and I love working with him. 
The transition was hard.... But now begins a new adventure.  I am grateful to be here, and all I can say is that I KNOW that this is the work of God.  I am humbled to be part of it.  I know I carry the truth as a representative of this church, and I only hope that my experiences will help some of you at home find strength and comfort in your own struggles.  I love you all.

Elder Kristian Huff

Song of the Week, Hero by Enrique Iglesias
God Be With You...













(Sorry Assael)









...Till We Meet Again

New Room in Teguci




\

(Check out my Awesome Outfit!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment