Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Starry Nights and City Lights


Well hi!

Sorry everybody, I told you I'd be a little lazy in writing.... But, this week, I have some amazing news, in case it hasn't been made public yet....

It was hard, as it always is... But the only constant in the mission is change.  And, I have officially left the island of Amapala.  It was an amazing two changes (as all missionaries who go there only stay for two), and probably two of the most impactful changes of my mission.  I will miss the island and its people - but I have a strong, deep feeling that my work with them isn't done yet.  But - I figure that I'd tell you all the amazing news of what happened, in case I haven't let anyone know yet!

My last couple of weeks in Amapala, I was blessed to see the baptisms of a very beloved family - I suppose that there will be pictures.  The Family Guerrero Mejia - a grandfather who received the priesthood yesterday, his adult daughter and her two sons.  Four amazing people who have entered into the covenant - and they have been doing great since the day of their baptism.  My companion, Elder Batista, baptized the grandfather, I baptized the mother, and a member of the group baptized the two children.  It was a tender mercy and a wonderful way to say goodbye to Amapala - I'll miss it, but I know that there are still many secrets held for the future!

But now, as for the changes....  I have left the South.  I'm not only out of Amapala, but I'm out of the whole region.  And.... I've returned to a deeply loved part of the mission.  Actually - to tell the truth, my trainer gave me a prophecy of my mission - and it has followed EXACTLY as he said it.  His prophecy went a little like this:

You start in the east (Danli), where you will learn how to be a missionary and how to love the language and the people.  Soon after, you'll be sent to the city (Tegucigalpa).  While there, you'll get to know just about everyone and you'll build a reputation, as well as learn how to teach hard people effectively.  After that, you'll disappear in the south (San Marcos, Amapala) to lesser known areas and practically get lost for a large part of your mission. The biggest lessons of your mission will be learned there.  As you get close to finishing, you'll come right back up to the city and probably finish there - but we'll see.

And.... That is exactly what happened.  

I've come back to Tegucigalpa.  My companion's name is Elder Rodriguez, from Guatemala.  We are having an amazing time and have big plans for our area, La Reforma.  But - That's the biggest news.  I'm just happy as can be to be here - and I have very little else to say.  Coming back to the city is little bit of a shell shock - actually having members, and food, and it's COLD AS FREAK, and everything being close together and crowded and the people understand when you teach them - it's a whole new world.  But not really....  I've just come back home. 

Love you guys, and I'll keep you updated on all of the amazing things that happen here - 6 months left.  I'm always here for you guys, and thank you for everything.

Elder Kristian Huff

Attached are pictures from both San Marcos and Amapala



San Marcos
San Marcos
San Marcos
San Marcos

San Marcos











San Marcos

San Marcos

San Marcos

San Marcos
San Marcos
San Marcos
San Marcos

San Marcos

San Marcos
San Marcos

San Marcos
San Marcos


Amapala
Amapala
Amapala

Amapala


Elder Huff and Elder Batista baptizing in the ocean in Amapala

Amapala


No comments:

Post a Comment