Monday, February 29, 2016

Life Passes You By

Hey everybody!

Freak how fast the time is going.  It seems like just yesterday I was walking into my first house in Danli with a good 23 months waiting for me.... Now I'm in Teguc with almost 5 left.  In these past couple weeks, I've realized that I have very little to say, mostly because you come to a point where the words just don't say anything right.  I'm doing the same work that I've always done, but now there's just something different.  I don't feel the same way.  It's less an excitement, and more.... A gratitude.  Every day I'm here, I just realize how much I appreciate the chance I've had to be here.  And there's still so much time - I just gotta use it well.  

I never wanted to be a missionary who broke in his last few months.  Where he just gets tired and decides to give it half hearted - I refuse to do that.  I can't.  I know that I can always do better - but I can say that I haven't broken.  And I don't WANT to.  I don't want to give it half hearted.  The time I have doesn't make me want to get out and home - it makes me want to use every second the best I can.  Not just working, but LIVING the mission.  The way that I see it - the mission doesn't end at the end of the two years.  The preaching of the gospel will be something I'll be doing for the rest of my life.  So, thinking like that - why should I let the time get to me?

Sorry for going on a little soapbox of the mission and all that... Those are just some thoughts that have been in my mind recently.  I love you all.  I'm always here if you need anything - just be good, be smart, and do the things you know you should do.  Talk to you all soon. 

Elder Kristian Huff

No comments:

Post a Comment