Monday, March 2, 2015

That was Fast...



Well... Here we are.  Another week gone.  Wow they are going fast now.  Shoutouts.....  Ana, Jessi, Joy, Mariah and Donny, Landen, Lizzie, Blythe, Ellie, Alexa, Tyler, Family..... I love you guys.  Thanks for the messages, as always.

Well.... This Saturday I will have 7 months in the mission.  That is insane.  I don't have a lot of comment there.

Also.... This week was awesome, but nothing out of the ordinary.  I mean.... We did light our apartment on fire...  But that was about it.  Nothing too exciting.  

Poor plate.....


Now, for the thought of the week.... I'm gonna be honest, writing something big every week is exhausting, so my letters may be smaller in the coming months just for cause of... Well....  There is not a ton to report.  There are always hundreds of stories to tell.... But....  They won't be anything new to you guys.  :)  So, when I send big emails, it is because I have something I really feel I need to say.  

With THAT said.... I only have one hint of advice for everyone back home. I won't write much, because I think that the message is VERY self-explanatory. 


Don't talk bad about anyone.  


Like, seriously.  If I've learned anything on my mission, it's how perfect I'm NOT. And so.... I always recall the saying of Jesus.... 

'Let he that is without sin cast the first stone.' 

There is never a reason to talk bad about people.  There just is not!  From the bottom of my heart, with total sincerity, just don't do that!  If you hear it, step in!  Stop it!  If you're doing it,  STOP IT!  

I'm serious, the hardest truth I've learned on the mission, is what goes around, comes around.  To be totally frank, none of you that are currently reading this have the right to talk bad about someone else for ANY reason.  And why do I say that?  Look at it this way, what is it that Christ taught are the first and greatest commandments?  LOVE THY GOD AND LOVE THY NEIGHBOR.  IT IS A COMMANDMENT.  Gossip is pure evil!  It hurts poeple so deeply!  It breaks my heart, but I know of more people that are inactive in my ward here is Honduras by cause of a stupid, rude, unnecessary comment than ANY other given reason.  Please, this is absolute POISON in today's society.  Gossip is POISON to the Spirit and Soul!

So Please... Don't Do That.  Be BETTER than that. Build others up.  I love you, and I really want the best for each and every one of you.  Help make the world a little bit better.  I'm always here for you guys.

Elder Huff

Song of the Week, Working Man by Imagine Dragons

No comments:

Post a Comment