Monday, February 9, 2015

PUCHIKA



Okay HI everybody!  I seriously have SO little time today, so I am gonna try to write freaking FAST.

Thank you to all that sent emails, I LOVE YOU ALL TOO!!!! And a few said that I'm getting tan.... I really hope so.  It's freaking hot enough here.... I hope I get something in return!  ;D  Mariah, Donny, Stefany, Nanny, Jessi, Khiabeth, Landen FREAKING Blume, Blythe, CAROLINE, Steph (Love the Elder Babe thing.  Totally gonna get a reaction one of these days.), Lara (your email meant so much to me, thank you dearly.), Hannah, Neysa....   I FREAKING LOVE YOU ALL.   

Okay, so.... I don't know what more I can say than that which I have already said.  So... First, BAPTISM.  :D  Her name is Mirian.  In all honesty, I did not work with her much, but DUDE she was so ready.  I hope that I helped her a little bit, but.... Yeah.  That's why counting and stuff is just... Stupid and juvenile.  Forgive my past mistakes.... I'm still learning every day too.... 

SO.....  Where should I go now?   Oh... There is one little detail I should probably mention.... 

6 FREAKING MONTHS BABY.  I AM OFFICIALLY A TEACHER (not a deacon anymore).  I AM A SOPHOMORE.  I AM SO HAPPY.  Dang it went fast.  And... I have this red tie.  I have special stories about this red tie.  But... You'll be seeing those in a later letter. (love you Mama!)

So....  Let's do a look at my investigators here in Villa Olimpica.  Their problems are a bit different than Danli investigators...

M:  She is pretty young, maybe 21.  She had a husband that was killed in a gang fight a few years ago, and now she is with a new guy who is a hardcore drug addict.. And he does not like us.  She is VERY positive, and she believes she is already a member, but we cannot find her papers anywhere.  So... That is a problem.  We know of many bad things that this new husband is doing, and we have had quite a few... episodes... with this man.  I cannot go into details, as to avoid breaching confidentiality, but in a nutshell....  Working with them has been an adventure.  I have learned a lot about true love from this woman, and she is truyl an example of it.  We hope that we can work through the issues and gain trust with the new husband, as to get them out of the terrible habits they are living in, and bring them to the truth of the gospel.

B:  This woman is incredible.  We hope she will be baptized in the coming week(s), but she has some hard things to work through.  She is ready, but repentance process can be hard....  She has a beautiful little girl and a beautiful little baby boy, who are both ADORABLE.  She has come so far since we started working with her, and she is honest about the things she needs to fix.  She has been through a lot too, and she has been openly rejected by her family... So she usually has many questions about families and how she can have her children with her for forever.  How lucky are we to have those answers...

E, G, C, E:  This family is SO crazy funny.  E is the oldest brother, and he has made some decisions that have made him VERY humble.  He is always willing to listen, AND he speaks english.  But....  He has a lot of work... So coming to church is a struggle.  We hope the best with him... He is truly a humble man.  G is like 14, and she has SOOOO much pena (which is a word that ONLY exists in spanish.  It pretty much means shy, awkward, ashamed, nervous, 'too-good-for-that', and lost in the moment ALL in one word.).  For that... She never wnats to do ANYTHING.  But she is SO FREAKING FUNNY ABOUT IT.  'So, Hermana, will you come to church with-'      'NO.'    '... and why not?'   '... Because FREAKING NO.  BUT MAYBE.  BUT NO.'   ... and then she starts laughing really hard cuz she feels SO AWKWARD.  She's great.  C is this older woman.... MUCH older... And she can't understand ANYTHING we say to her, but she ALWAYS wants to listen to our messages.  .... And by listen, I mean talk the whole time about the one time she did that one thing and how that has nothing to do with what we're talking about.  We have the best lessons when she's asleep... But GOSH I love her.  She is just the nicest old lady.  And then there's E... This woman is blind.  But HOLY crap, she is SO intelligent.  She has never let her blindness stop her.  Even though one time she burned down a house while cooking.  (And really, who can blame HER for that?  Who the freak leaves a BLIND woman to COOK ALONE?  Like... COME ON PEOPLE.  Oh, Honduras....)  But really... She is such an inspiration.  She's a member already, but inactive. So... We're working with all of them.

Family Z:  There is K, who is progressing and we hope will be baptized soon, although she also has pena sometimes...  Then there is E, who just doesn't ever commit to anything, so she is not really a priority, even though she loves to listen and we HOPE she'll come around... W, who has a little baby girl who they say is my little girl cause she is SUPER white, and she also just kind of listens.. There's V, the mom, who is a member but inactive for cause of work....  P, a younger girl who is like 19 who has a little girl, who is also an inactive member... And about 7 little kids who I LOVE SO DEARLY.  I'll take pictures soon.  They all loove to play and be thrown around and whenever I walk by they all come running up like 'OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF HAGAME HAGAME!!!!'  (Huff huff huff huff huff huff do that thing do that thing!!! which is throwing them up in the air and stuff).  It is normal to have VERY dirty shirts cuz they love coming with us to citas, so they all get on our backs and they hold onto our legs while we walk and it really feels like I'm in a movie when I'm with them.  They are PRECIOUS.  I LOVE KIDS.  Even though they are SOOO dirty and DESPERATELY need a bath.  I'll get pics.

O, D, S:  A family of dad, mom and teenage girl.  They are SO brilliant.  O was a member, but now he goes to an evangelic congregation, and his wife and daughter are just as cool.  They are some of the best people I know, but VERY stuck in their ways.  They do want to learn, but... They don't always want to apply.  They are so kind to us, and I really hope they can get their answer to the question they have.... The MOST important question they can ask.... Bahh.  Anyway, quick funny things about them, the younger girl always say goodbye to me about 100 times...  The dad, whenever we ask him to read a scripture, begins with this:  (forgive the language, it is what he says.  It is SO funny, because he is VERY loud about it, and SO sincere about it, which doesn't make sense considering the context.... So.... Read this with the BLACKEST accent you can muster.  It will make it all the more priceless.)   
'So, hermano, can you read this scripture?'    'Of course, Elder....  OKAY, in the NAME of the FATHER, and of the SON, and of the HOLY SPIRIT that GOD has GIVEN US,  I will NOW READ this DAMN SCRIPTURE. Amen, Lord.  Amen.  And it says....'   ... Choking back laughter.... 'Thank you Hermano.  Now, What does this-'  'HALLELUJAH.  GIVE ME AN AMEN.  HALLELUJAH, LORD.'  '.... Yes, yes indeed this scripture is a good one.'  'Hallelujah.  Hallelujah, thank you.  Thank you.  THANK you.'
... Yeah, that's totally normal for us.  


ANYWAY.... There's a little bit of my life here in Teguc!  I hope that everything is going great with you and that you can find the gospel lessons in here!  I KNOW they are there somewhere!  And, next week, I'll give a more spiritual focused email.  Smile always.  I love you guys.  Always email me, I always want to hear.  

Elder Kristian Huff

Song of the week....  Darte un Beso Prince Royce. The song of Elder Naupoto and I.  NO, not OUR song, but a song that has a story with us. :D

Elder Huff and his little buddy

The Red Tie

Elder Huff and his Comp

This was taken today

Can you see the Tegucigalpa Temple in the distant?

Taken today!

No comments:

Post a Comment