Monday, November 10, 2014

So...Last Week Wasn't Even a Surprise compared to...THIS WEEK!

Okay.

I don't even know what to say.  There are so many things I want to say. But how to say it. GAHHHHHHHhhhhhh

The package came.

Guys... I bawled. I honestly have not legitimately cried yet on my mission, like REALLY cried, but I did when Elder Roldan walked in with this package.  For those of you that have no idea what's going on... I'll catch you up.

This week, all the district and zone leaders had to go to Teguc for a meeting (and, btw, my comp is our DL. So... We sometimes have to do a lot of extra stuff. Which is awesome. My comp is kind of a boss.).  During this meeting, I had to do a 2 day long divisions with the other DL in our zone's comp, Elder Maldonado, in a TOTALLY different area. It was SOOOOO weird. Great, but long and weird and just different from La Conse - my current home. But... I got a call during these divisions. In the midst of the meeting, Elder Roldan had a CRH with a certain package that I was certain I wouldn't recieve until December..... And, long story short, when I got home from the LONGEST divisions of my life (because I wanted to get to my package), I finally had the opportunity to open the box.

So... With that said... My shout outs for this week consist of two parts. Emails... And letters recieved with 19 Adventure Time stickers, a few of which are on the back of my plaques now as we speak.

Emails: Blythe, Emily, Lizzie, Steph, Jessi, Lara, Becca, My Rebecca, Emma-Lee, MIKAELLA (totally forgiven, I am just glad you're safe), Mrs. Shiles, Alyssa, and all the fam, of course.

Letters, with a HUGE thank you and whole lot of love and tears at every single one of your letters: (You will all get letters hopefully soon... I just got the package on Thursday, So give me a couple of days or so.)
Steph, Kailey, Robinne and Connie, Aubrei and Homer and Shane and Marlene and Paige and Dallin and really all of the Greenwoods, Joy, Crys (special thank you for all the help in preparing the surprise also!), Cierra, Isaac, Hinckley and Christian and Sabrina and Jessi, Lizzie, Kaylie, Kevin, Natalie, Mom #2 and all the Fellows, my incredible brothers, my incredible sisters (one of the steampunk gears is also on my plaque currently), and all of my wonderful family.

Guys, I do not deserve you all. You are such wonderful people. Your letters all made me cry and I just can't put into words the gratitude I have for each of you. Each word just filled me with pride that I was a part of your life, and I will try to continue to be through the short messages I can share each week. You all amaze me.  I think I freaked out my companion a bit, from the fact that I would be crying a bit pathetically, and then let out a 'FREAK YEAH, YOU GO GIRL. I AM SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.' (looking at you, Joy).  And this among many other reactions, all of which are out of my deepest gratitude for all of you. In case any of you didn't know what happened exactly, my wonderful mother who I REALLY don't deserve sent me a surprise birthday party in a box, in which included all of your letters and lots of other stuff that I think I will reserve for the personal letter to my family. 

Overall, I just want to let you know how grateful I am for all of you. You light up my life, even here, a world away.  It just reminds me that we really aren't that far.... I just... I love you. Each of you. I Love You. Good luck in all of your endeavors, and keep an eye out for letters. I have no idea when they will come, but they will.

Also.... The package came on my 3 month mission anniversary.  Talk about a celebration...

I love you all. Just remember that.  Typically I write messages and stories, but this week... Those are reserved for my family. But be ready.... Baptisms are on the way soon!!!!

And, if you want something funny in my every day life... My comp, big gruff manly man Roldan, LOVES the song Let it Go.  He has and does dance around like a fairy in our house quite often to that song. (He laughs like it's a joke.... But I think he secretly enjoys it. Like... I KNOW he does.) 

Hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all.

Elder Huff 

Songs of the Week: What A Wonderful World/Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Dedicated to all of my friends back at home - when you miss me or anything like that, listen to this song.  it makes me very happy.  

Also When can i see you Again by Owl City.  Dedicated to my brother Jakob, my Family, and everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment